Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Oddities

Hello, my name is J Dogg and I'm a lip balm addict (step 1). I've been an addict since high school. If I'm ever unequipped with a stick of the stuff for a full day, my lips get dry, painful, and start to slightly peel at the edges. It's disgusting! However, I have discovered for myself the ONLY (I'm serious when I write ONLY) lip balm I will ever need for those times my lips get to the point as described above. I put it on and within hours, my lips feel smooth and the peeling is hardly noticeable. By the next day, my lips are practically back to normal. This product is called Lypsyl and seriously the best thing that came out of Sweden (next to Ikea). Find it at your local drugstore today and try it for your lips' sake.

P.S. The picture shown is the exact product I'm writing about. Don't buy the other kind they make that's a thinner tube. You want that big wide tube in the picture. Got it? Good.
---------------------------------------------------
One thing I take for granted now that I live in southern California are clouds. We rarely have those pretty big puffy clouds (the cumulonimbus kind) but instead the thin high cirrus clouds. I would think that's because where I live, it's essentially a desert; we simply don't get rain for most of the year. So, when the sky happens to have those heavenly looking ones, my boyfriend (who also lives close to me) will call me just to ask, "hey did you see the big poofy clouds? they're beautiful!". It's rather cute really, how he gets all excited. He's from Chicago, if that explains anything. We both came from areas with four seasons.
---------------------------------------------------
Oh my goodness, we went to see Matchbox Twenty last week and can I just tell you how amazing Rob Thomas' voice is? He is so passionate while he's singing. His natural stage presence and voice will hypnotize you; occasionally his eyes will even bug out while playing the piano. The songs sound just like the CD if not better. I was also impressed that after a few opening songs, he stopped to show sincere appreciation for their fans. I really like Matchbox Twenty and Rob Thomas. He seems like a good guy.

No comments: