Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A love-hate relationship

I turn on the news to find out there are fires burning up in northern Calfornia. Sadly, a close friend of mine, her mom's house is in the evacuation area and 1 mile away from the fire (thank God right now it's moving away from her home). Luckily her mom was out of town when this happened but now is frantically driving back to see what's going on.

On the radio this morning, they played an audio clip of the Terminator (Arnold Schwarz.) officially delaring California in a state of drought.

I got an e-mail forward a few weeks ago with a well made slideshow that quizzed me on whether or not I knew what to do during an earthquake. There were 10 questions and I scored 50%; to me, this means I could've been dead. (Hey, we don't learn these things in school on the east coast). I took the quiz over and over until I got 100%.

Average price for regular gas (at the time that I'm writing this) in California: $4.49/gallon

Just last month though, we recommended to our guests various places that show off our pride and joy. The beach, the mountains, the wineries in Temecula are some examples and they loved them all.

Like I mentioned, it's a love-hate relationship and I guess I'm not moving anytime soon.

No comments: