Sunday, June 01, 2008

Suburbia

Gosh, I like visiting L.A. and hanging out with my friends but what I don't miss about city life is the driving, traffic, and coordination of figuring out where to eat and chill. I realize I liked doing that when I lived in the city and didn't own a car. That way, no worries about parking, you know? But, the flip side is that I do like the city and its variety. There's always something going on and something to do. Living in the suburbs has some of that but on a much smaller scale, I guess. I love where I live, though. It's got history, character, some culture, (the most Thai and Japanese restaurants in a 4 mile radius), free PARKING, and free summer shows in the local outdoor theater. I live 2.5 miles away from work (thus, only fill up my gas tank about once a month) and am able to enjoy the most kick ass view of the surrounding mountains, that's if L.A.'s smog doesn't make its way out here and screw it all up by covering it!

Live green people.

No comments: